Monday, October 8, 2012

Floral & Teal

Look who joined the glasses-wearin' club. I couldn't see very far driving, and every day was ending with a really awful migraine (my worst enemy). So I got me some glasses, and now I can see. My headaches are way less frequent, which is the most awesome thing ever. Oh yeah, and being able to see while driving on the freeway, is also pretty sweet.

With my new job & Franklin's new job, our weekends have meaning again. This weekend was: thrifting, sushi dates, playing duck hunt using the sweet Konami NES laserscope Franklin found at the thrift store, watching daria, and drinking ovaltine. I have a bunch of brooches I'm workin' on for the shop, and I swore to myself I'd finish them this weekend, but that didn't happen. This weekend was for relaxing. and LOTS of thrift store shopping, yikes. I spent a little too much money, I think. I think the act of shopping-but-not-buying is really fun for me, too. I like to fill up a cart at the thrift store, and then have Franklin convince me I don't need any of it, and then I usually put it all back, hahaha. But the act of putting it in the cart is fun stuff, in my book. What a weirdo.

Franklin and I are going to start carpooling to work with each other starting today! I've never carpooled before. It makes me feel all grown up and stuff. Look at me, all married & carpooling and requiring glasses to drive -what a lady! Anyway, yeah. In other news: I had the girl at the coffee stand make me a pumpkin spice latte, with egg nog instead of milk, and it was AWESOME. I have dubbed it "the holiday drink" and I vow to have one weekly. Maybe. Maybe I shouldn't. No, no - I definitely should.

What I'm listening to: Dogs - Page France
What I'm excited for today: drinking coffee out of my new coffee cup! haha.

-Elizabeth

15 comments:

  1. haha I'm glad you're no longer a hazard on the road ;) And that's awesome you get satisfaction of putting stuff in your cart; then putting it away. I can't say I've ever felt that way!

    wow.... I need that holiday drink as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thanks! it blew my mind when I drove at night with glasses for the first time, and discovered that tail/headlights weren't giant bright orbs that all blur together into an indistinguishable mess! what a relief :)

      Delete
  2. i love page france. hat & rabbit is a favorite of mine - dogs plays a lot on our pandora station. and i LOVE THIS OUTFIT! and your hair cut. i kind of want to grow mine out a tad to be like yours - i love this length. i tend to pick things up too then really think it over and realize - i do not need this. this weekend i found a really cool bottle at a thrift store, and i carried it around, then i was like 'what am i going to do with this?' and the answer was nothing!

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, yes, I love them! I especially like to listen to page france when I'm driving and the sun is setting and the sky is all pink and purple. tis perfect. and, aw thanks! It would be a cute cute length on you :) I always dream of cutting my hair shorter like yours, but I really don't have the courage to go much shorter than this, haha. some day! maybe :)

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the eyeglass club!! I've had glasses since the second grade, although I usually wear contacts these days.

    Weekends are definitely more special when they are your only days off. Sounds like you took full advantage of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yeah... just forgot to mention how funny it was that you were eating turtle cookies and I was eating turtle cake... lol! Great minds think alike. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. true! :) haha. and, second grader with glasses? oh man, how cute! little kids with glasses are the cutest thing ever! haha.

      Delete
  5. I love your outfit + glasses :) I've always wished I had to wear glasses, haha. Totally crazy I know. They are just so darn cute. I'd love to carpool with my hubby but we both work on opposite sides of the city. Bummer! ♥Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! :) and, hey, maybe someday! just do all those things you're not supposed to, like sit too close to the TV and read with the lights dimmed, haha! then you'll be needing glasses in no time! ;D haha.

      Delete
  6. Oh my gosh I love your little owl pin.
    Adorable!
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thankya, ma'am! I had it up in the ol' etsy shop for about a year, and when nobody bought it and the listing expired I decided to keep it for myself, teeheehee.

      Delete
  7. You really look great with them! I've been wearing glasses for more than half of my life now haha :) And how awesome that you can carpool together, I can't even take the same train as my boyfriend, meh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw, thanks! I'm still getting used to having blind spots in my peripherals, where the frames are, haha. and, carpooling IS pretty awesome. it feels like we're going on some sort of adventure together, but really, we're just going to work - womp womp! haha

      Delete
  8. Love this outfit!!! Funny enough, I just did a post about mixing florals, I am huge floral print lover! You look so adorable! :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. nice glasses and welcome to the club - it's a v.fun club to be in! X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...